The Prodigal Son | Luke 15: 11-32
To teach children about the passionate, patient, and powerful love of God. It finds us when we are lost and rejoices when we are found.
Dear God, thank You for being our loving father. We are sorry for the times we sin against You and we are so thankful that we can find forgiveness because of Your son, Jesus. In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.
Bible Memory Verse:
Luke 15:24 (NLT)
24 for this son of mine was dead and has now returned to life. He was lost, but now he is found.’ So the party began.
Verse Memory Tips: (have your preschooler repeat the verse with you using the following hand/body motions:)
● “This son of mine” - Rock your arms like cradling a baby.
● “Was dead” - Close your eyes and lay your head on your hands like a pillow.
● “And has now returned to life” - Wake up from oﬀ your pillow and jump around!
● “He was lost” - Hold your hand up like binoculars and look around.
● “But now he is found.” - Wave as if saying hi to your best friend.
Today's Bible Story:
Video Courtesy of Sharefaith Kids
1. Why did the son in this story leave? (He made a bad choice.)
2. What happened when he left? (He ate pig food. Oink, oink, oink!)
3. What did the son decide? (To go home and say he was sorry!)
4. Was he scared to go home? (Yes.)
5. Was the father happy he came home? (Yes!!!)
6. What did the father do? (He threw a party for his son!!!)
7. Dance around and celebrate!
Dear God, thank You that we can always come back to You even when we make bad choices. Help us to remember that we can always ﬁnd forgiveness in Jesus! In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.
Luke 15 The Prodigal Son Preschool Coloring Pages
Luke 15 The Prodigal Son Preschool Dot to Dot
Luke 15 The Prodigal Son Preschool Letter Coloring
Luke 15 The Prodigal Son Preschool Mazes
Luke 15 The Prodigal Son Preschool Word Picture Match